Our Next Production
The G&S Society of Tasmania is very pleased to announce that following the success of last year's The Mikado in the Botanical Gardens, it will be producing the much loved musical comedy The Fantasticks in the Gardens this Summer.
The Fantasticks is the world's longest running musical having performed for 42 years Off-Broadway! It currently has a Broadway and West-End revival, making it one of only a couple of shows to run in New York and London simultaneously. It features the well known songs Try to Remember, Soon it’s gonna rain and They were you.
The riotous story has something in it for everyone! The Fantasticks tells the touching story of two neighbouring fathers who put up a wall between their houses to ensure that their children fall in love, because they know children always do what their parents forbid. After the children do fall in love, they discover their fathers' plot and they each go off and experience things in the world. They return to each other and the love they had, having learned from the world and made an informed decision. Our production promises to be another memorable musical that will appeal to all ages.
will be directed by Darren Sangwell and
· El Gallo (the Narrator/Bandit) - Andrew Hickman
· Luisa (the Girl) - Petronella Van Tienen
· Matt (the Boy) - Josh Direen
· Hucklebee (the Boy's father) - John Xintavelonis
· Bellomy (the Girl's father) - Paul Levett
· Henry (the Old Actor) - Don Gay
· Mortimer (the man who dies) - Jeff Michel
· The Mute (who at times acts the part of the Wall) - Justin Turner
page was last updated on 9 November 2011. It is published by The Gilbert
and Sullivan Society of Tasmania Inc.